Recognition & Benefits
SSDS offers all our people access to an Employee Benefits Program incorporating a comprehensive range of items.
Access to discounts and offers from over 4000 suppliers across Australia
- Travel & Accommodation – car hire, travel insurance, holidays, hotels
- Leisure & Entertainment – movie & concert tickets, magazine subscriptions, golf memberships
- Shopping – shoes, clothing, jewellery, discounted vouchers & gift cards
- Home & Lifestyle – linen, flowers, phones
- Health & Beauty – fitness, pharmacy, optical
Defence Industry Benefits
- Defcom – a discount loyalty card for Defence members and associates
- Defence Health – all current and former SSDS people are eligible to join
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
The program offers access to a professional, confidential and free counselling service for our people and immediate family members as well as a range of online health, financial and legal services. EAP can be used to address issues of a work or personal nature that may be impacting on health or wellbeing.
Star Performers is the name of the SSDS Employee Reward and Recognition program. We believe that our people are our greatest asset and should be rewarded and recognised for the outstanding work they do every day. People can be nominated by our customers, managers and colleagues. Each quarter, winners receive a gift, commemorative pin and certificate. A Gala Dinner is then held each February where all winners are celebrated and national winners announced. In 2012, over 550 exceptional individuals and teams were nominated for Star Performers awards. Pictured below are our outstanding national winners for 2012.
If you know an outstanding SSDS employee, nominate them for a Star Performer award using the Contact Us form on this site. Just include the employee’s name, the site where they work and the reason your are nominating them.
Our people also receive recognition with gifts and certificates at 5, 10 and 15 years of employment. Over 33% of our people are proud long-term employees with more than five years of service.